Friday, July 26, 2013

ATHENA



 











 

Experience:

         The truth is I’m not like other girls, I can never be as prettier as my half sister Aphrodite or as noble and talented as my aunt Demeter but I have something I have worked all the way through here to get were I am. Do you think Aphrodite or Demeter, or Hera has to do half of the things I do? No, of course Aphrodite gets whatever she wants by just flirting and really that’s not who I want to be. I have to take care of Athens and I don’t like to fight but if there is a war I have to be fighting and defending my people and that’s shows my wisdom. My work as the goddess of War, Wisdom, Arts and Intelligence its not easy, but I enjoy it. That’s whom I was born to be and that’s what I am. When I was born of my father Zeus I knew I wouldn’t do what my father did to his, but know that the moment has come for someone to take my father’s place, without violence, I’m willing to win it. I’m Zeus first daughter, and I know I can rule the gods as well as he did.

 Their once came a time in which the first king of Athens, Cecrops, who was half person and half snake, had to find a patron for the city-state of Athens.
There were two Olympian gods interested there were my uncle, Poseidon and me, Athena. Cecrops told us to offer a gift to Athens. Poseidon was first: he created a well with his trident. Immediately, streaming water shot, but the water was salty and not very useful for the population of Athens. Then it was my turn, I stroked my spear into the ground and then I planted an olive branch in it. This is the way I created an olive tree as the symbolization of peace and prosperity on Earth. Cecrops was very impressed by my gift. So he choose me to lay claim of the city of Athens and the city was named after me, but my uncle Poseidon was not pleased with the decision so he cursed The City of Athens to never have enough water from then on. I managed to help Athens as much as I could but the lack of water continues to nowadays.

I tell you this story because I know I can be a great leader, I have been a great ruler of Athens. I think I can take care of Mount Olympus and be the ruler of the gods. I can lead the Wars to peace and I can make the tragic and never ending day’s turn into bright and beautiful days.

As I said am different from other gods, I don’t quite fit with them. I have my special ways to do thing. Not with violence and not with hate but if it comes to a point were I have to, I will, for my people and for the good of gods and Mount Olympus. I’m willing to take my fathers place not as a substitution but as the next generation and I’m going to make a difference. I promise I will.


 

Signature:
ATHENA


No comments:

Post a Comment